Re: [IP] Re: Strange epsodes related to diabetes????????????

I also have had episodes like this.  I believe they are definitely lows  and
I and I also agree that sometimes you just don't get good reading with a bg
meter. Perhaps if has to do with the way circulation changes during a low.

Some lows do "go away on their own".  the pancreas releases  glucagon which
in turn tells the liver to release it's stored glucose.  The liver builds up
a supply of glucose, but it cannot fight every low.  Typically this will
occur when you are at rest. I have come out of rather severe lows numerous
times in my 50 years, mostly before bg meters and pumps and in places like
the middle of the woods (where I didn't have any carbs)  sitting leaning
against a tree. Eventually I came out of the hypo well enough to get up and
find some food.  By the way is over 50 years knock on wood I have never had
to use artificial glucagon or it's predecessor adrenaline.

Andy