[IP] good A1Cs without frequent lows possible?

<<<For those with excellent A1C, what target do you set, and how many
lows<70 do
you get in a week?>>>

I'm also curious about this.  I can't get my A1C much below 7 without tons
of hypos, and I wonder if I just consider a different level of "tons of
hypos", or if my BGs are just more difficult to control (I do know that
food/insulin are not very consistent day to day with me and I'm sure that
has a lot to do with my A1C).

At 7 (target BG 110), my hypo rate averages out to about 1 hypo every 2
days, and they're usually mild between 60 and 70 (this is completely OK by
me).  At 6.6 (my lowest ever A1C, target set at 90) my hypo rate averages
out to about 1.5-2 hypos a day with lots in the 40s and 50s, and some in the
30s (this is not acceptable in my book).

The other side to the story is that A1C is variable between people.  A 7.0
for one person might mean the same thing as a 6.5 for another.  If you can
gain improvement compared to yourself before and after pumping (or reduce
the swinging range of high/low), then pumping is an improvement to your
treatment, and you'll be lowering your risk of complications.

Sarah, dx'92, pumping'00