RE: [IP] The new Paradigm Pump w/ continuous glucose monitoring

That makes sense. Rapid blood glucose changes, in my opinion, may not
show up accurately using the technology of test strips and probably
would be even less accurate using a device that is measuring glucose
levels subcutaneously in interstitial fluid. Isn't that why forearm
testing isn't recommended for a person who thinks they are having a
hypo?
So telling a device that your glucose level is really 52 when it thinks
you are 104 because of a rapid drop in ones glucose level would confuse
it because it will be using your input to adjust how it interprets the
levels it is measuring in the fluid under your skin, and that fluid may
not have had any significant changes yet due to the rapid drop. While on
the other hand inputting a blood sugar that has been relatively stable
for a longer period of time like a morning value or before meals will
let the device do its subtle adjustments with more stable data i.e. The
interstitial fluids will have had the needed time to reflect what the
rest of ones body is really experiencing as far as glucose is concerned.