Re: [IP] Answers 4th sensor

I think the info in the power point slides and other  presentations is
marketing material.  I did a little research of the US Patent database and
found Medtronic Minimed has a patent pertaining to the calibration of the
system. What other have been saying just didn't sound right to me as a
systems designer.   The patent US # 7,029,444 can be found at :
http://patft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2F
netahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=18&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=medtronic.
ASNM.&OS=AN/medtronic&RS=AN/medtronic

What follows is the abstract of the patent.

"Real time self-adjusting calibration algorithm
Abstract

A method of calibrating glucose monitor data includes collecting the glucose
monitor data over a period of time at predetermined intervals. It also
includes obtaining at least two reference glucose values from a reference
source that temporally correspond with the glucose monitor data obtained at
the predetermined intervals. Also included is calculating the calibration
characteristics using the reference glucose values and the corresponding
glucose monitor data to regress the obtained glucose monitor data. And
calibrating the obtained glucose monitor data using the calibration
characteristics is included. In preferred embodiments, the reference source
is a blood glucose meter, and the at least two reference glucose values are
obtained from blood tests. In additional embodiments, the calculation of the
calibration characteristics is obtained using linear regression and in
particular embodiments, least squares linear regression. Alternatively, the
calculation of the calibration characteristics is obtained using non-linear
regression."