Re: [IP] The new Paradigm Pump w/ continuous glucose monitoring

Peter W. Rowe <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Perhaps the software is building up a calibration database on how your
> body's readings from the sensor corrolate to the actual readings from
> a meter? I don't know if this is the case, but it certainly sounds
> plausable that the system is learning your particular readings and it
> takes a bit more data than the fingersticks used with just one sensor,
> to build up that database...

Agreed - individual calibration must be the issue here.  I note that
Minimed doesn't have the manual for this system posted on their web page
yet (nor for the Guardian RT, interestingly), so no official
documentation there about how often they calibrate, but my recollection
from other peoples' postings is that it's only a handful of times per
day.

Nikos, thanks for sharing your experiences with the 722 pump and glucose
monitoring system.  They are very useful to me (and I'm sure to others)
as I try to learn more and to figure out whether this system would be a
good one to consider (and worth the extra money).  Though I'm sure
you're busy with the work of getting used to a new device, I hope you'll
continue to post your experiences as you learn more.

Thanks,

Eric