[IP] ADA National Call-In to oppose this harmful bill this Wednesday, May 3rd. S1955

On Wednesday, call the Senate switchboard at 1-800-828-0498 and ask for your
Senators office and tell them to vote no on S1955.  See Below for details.

Andy

From: American Diabetes Association <email @ redacted>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 15:46:22 -0500 (CDT)
To: email @ redacted
Subject: S.1955 Pushed Back; Toll-free Call-In to oppose S.1955

>> Forward to a Friend
<http://main.diabetes.org/site/R?i=B11a0JXrdes1ka-c14EkfA..>

Dear Andrew:

As a result of the nearly 20,000 messages opposing S.1955 sent to the US
Senate by Diabetes Advocates like you, we have learned that the vote will be
put off for another week or so.  First, congratulations on this impressive
response -- it's one of our best ever!  And for those of you who still
haven't taken action to oppose S.1955, it's not too late...tell your
Senators why you oppose this bill
<http://main.diabetes.org/site/R?i=5uN5b061wHN7SjMelZWXqQ..> .  We are doing
well in the fight against S.1955, but we haven't won yet.  We have to
continue to make ourselves heard.  Here is something you can do this week to
continue the fight:

As you may know, we have partnered with a number of other organizations to
oppose S.1955.  One group that we are working with, Families USA
<http://main.diabetes.org/site/R?i=qRUOXSRCf7Cp1suIibpLhA..> , is hosting a
National Call-In to oppose this harmful bill this Wednesday, May 3rd.  On
Wednesday, call the Senate switchboard at 1-800-828-0498.  Ask for your
Senators' offices. Urge them to VOTE NO on S. 1955, the "Health Insurance
Marketplace Modernization and Affordability Act."  Use our talking points
<http://main.diabetes.org/site/R?i=JHIsgXictSxu_7maA-5QPQ..>  to help you
with what to say.

Whether it happens next week or later, this is likely to be a close vote.
It is important that you do your part to fight it, Andrew, because in the
end, it may come down to that one extra email, phone call, or visit to
convince your Senators to oppose S.1955.  If you haven't taken action yet,
change that now <http://main.diabetes.org/site/R?i=VuPGXIUYo9D20yv4fvxkeA..>
.  If you have already acted, please make the phone call on Wednesday.  We
will contact you when a vote is scheduled, but it is important to use this
extra time to keep pressure on.

Thanks for your work on behalf of all people affected by diabetes...it's
making the difference!

Unsubscribe from receiving e-mail, or change your e-mail preferences.
<http://main.diabetes.org/site/CO?i=35WEs5BE3XMt-7v0VRqrKGGKuXlCKyUU&cid=240
1>