(NIH)
					            Recommended:
under 200 mg/dl
					            Borderline : 200-239
mg/dl
					            High Risk	Above 240
mg/dl

HDL CHOLESTEROL	52 mg/dl		40-60

LDL CHOLESTEROL, CALC. 	53 mg/dl		The National Cholesterol
Education
					Program recommends the following
					ranges for LDL Cholesterol:

					Optimal	under          100 mg/dl
					Near or above Optimal  100 - 129
mg/dl
					Borderline High	      130 - 159
mg/dl
					High	                   160 - 189
mg/dl
					Very High	          above 190
mg/dl

TRIGLYCERIDES	        116 mg/dl			Triglyceride Risk
Levels:
								Normal
<150	mg/dl
								Borderline
:150-199	mg/dl
								High:
200-499	mg/dl
								Very High
>500 	mg/dl

LDL/HDL CHOLESTEROL	1.0		LDL/HDL Risk Ratio Levels

                                            MALE	fEMALE
							1/2 X Average	1.00
1.47
							Average		3.55
3.22
							2 X Average	6.25
5.03
							3 X Average	7.99
6.14
CHOL/HDL CHOLESTEROL	2.5		CHOL/HDL Risk Ratio Levels

                                            MALE	FEMALE
							1/2 X Average	3.4
3.3
							Average		5.0
4.4
							2 X Average	9.5
7.0

Have A Good Day
John S Wilkinson
Rome, New York
========================================SNIP============================
Someone wrote:
<I just got these tests done myself and my doctor explained what he was
looking for and what 'normal' people should get:

LDL below 130
HDL above 60

My numbers were:
LDL 80
HDL 73 (I think)

He basically said that it was phenomenal and that most people have LDL
levels of over 130. From what I can see and read online, higher HDL levels
are a good thing and are definately driving your numbers upwards.>

My LDL is on the low side (which is good) and my HDL is on the high side
(which is good) but then there is always a couple other cholesterol numbers
on the lab tests - I can't remember for sure - but there is a number that is
the "total" cholesterol  (using both HDL and  LDL) and then there is always
some kind of "ratio" - somewhere between 1 and 5 if I remember right.
Everytime I get the labs done the "ratio" number is always out of the "norm"
reading but my LDL and HLD separate are great.  My endo explains this in
that he does not care at all of the ratio is not in the norm - because when
you break down the individual LDL and HDL - it is having the extra high HDL
which is causing the skewed ratio - so since he knows that cause of the
ratio being out of the norm
- and that cause is from having an extra high HDL - there is no problem in