Re: [IP] Organizations that donate pumps?

>Does anyone here know of organizations that will accept used pumps and donate
>them to people who can use them? I was approached today by a gentleman whom
>had lost his wife and I believe she had used a minimed 508 pump. He said
 > Minimed had checked out the pump and said it was in working order, but he had
>no idea what to do with it, but wanted to try and get it into the hands of a
>person whom could use it. If anyone has information on such an organization or
 > network, please e-mail me privately as I am hundreds of e-mails behind on the
>   Thanks for your help,
>      Jacky D.

Jacky, that organization is known as www.Insulin-Pumpers.org , the
website that runs these email lists.  The owner of the site, Michael
Robinton, has a program worked out with Minimed to refurbish pumps
that are donated back to this website to give to children who are
uninsured/underinsured.  Please write directly to Michael at
<email @ redacted> and he will arrange for the transfer
and will forward papers to document the donation for tax purposes.

www.Insulin-Pumpers.org is a tax exempt publicly supported
organization as described under Sections 501(c) (3) and 509(a) of the
Internal Revenue Code and qualifies for the maximum contribution
deduction allowed under  United States revenue codes