Re: [IP] How does exercise use glucose w/o insulin?

After exercise, and often long after, the cells
just need less insulin concentration to transport the same amount of
- -wayne

 I've got that part ... what I'm wondering is why. I thought that maybe muscle
cells are using the insulin instead of fat cells and muscle cells require less
insulin (hence lean muscle consumes more calories than fat even when the body is
in a resting state). I also don't think that it can be that glucose is being
taken in by the same cells just using less insulin because there must be a
reason that non-D people lose weight when they exercise and eat the same amount
of calories(obviously b/c they make less insulin - but if their BG is at the
same level, those calories must be metabolized somehow)