Re: [IP] I Could Have Written A Book

On Sat, 31 May 2003 18:50:44 EDT, Roger Campbell wrote:

 > Tom I am similar to you I was a little before you with the NPH. I am
not sure
 > of the exact year, but my guess is 1952 or 53. I still recall my Dad
with a
  > button saying I like IKE. I would guess 52 or 53 . Now lets see if
anyone other
 > than Jan knows about IKE! I recall my Mom rolling the square bottle of
 > with the regular. It caused a click you would never forget. That meant
I was
 > getting a shot with that 26 GA needle.  Roger C

Roger, you have me beat on when we started on square NPH, but do you
still have an empty square NPH bottle? I do! The exp date on it was
Sept. 9 1973, and if you want the lot number I can give you that too.
There are still perhaps 10 units (U-80) of what used to be insulin in
the bottle. I was just a year too young to vote for IKE in 1952, but I
did vote for him in 1956.

Don't miss the 3-page article about me in the June Diabetes Interview.

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000