Re: [IP] Large meals and delayed digestion

Ryan, I'm glad you said that said that "you failed miserably here,"
because you saved me the trouble of typing  that.   Summer is quite
right here. Not just partially right.  Totally right.  Insulin has no
effect in digesting the food in your GI tract. Insulin promotes
glucose transport into liver and muscle cells well after the enzymes
in the gut have broken down the complex carbs into glucose.
I have no idea what you are talking about.

>  I don't think insulin has any effect in digesting the food - if you
>eat and
>take no insulin the food still gets digested your sugar just rockets.
>Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
>Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm

<<<<<<<That's only partially true.  Insulin aids in digestion on a secondary
basis.  Basically, as your digests food faster/slower partially based
on it's needs.  If you body is in need of food/energy, it will speed up
digestion.  If the body doesn't, digestion is slowed.

When you give insulin, it helps the body to "feed" itself.  If you give
too much insulin, your BG will go low, and the body will want to "feed"
itself more, in a sense.  (I know, I'm explaining this very non-
Perhaps someone else can explain this is better terms.  :-)  I know I'm
failing miserably here.