[IP] Swimming

Susan wrote:

"She's gone swimming two or three times now, and every time, her site comes
out.... but I can't figure out how to keep the site in!  She has a MM508, and
uses the quickset."

I have been swimming at a nearby pool most days for the past two weeks.  I
use a Minimed Shilouettee infusion set.  I disconnect the pump and snap on the
cap while actually in the water, just like I do while showering.  Even though
my Paradigm is supposed to be water proof, I really don't need my basal rate
while in the pool.  I do nothing else to protect the site.  After consecutive
days of doing this, there seems to be no effect on the site.

The only "problem" I have is that yesterday the lifeguard commented on the
interesting "crop circle" patterns developing in my tan as I move the site
around every three days.

Don Dickenson
San Rafael, CA