[IP] Rheumatoid Arthritis

I am a faithful reader of this list.  I have been diabetic for 48 years,
pumping for 3.  Recently I have been diagnosed with rheumatoid
arthritis.  The rhematologist prescribed Celebrex, my endo told me it
would elevate my bgs.  It does help some with the arthritis, but after 6
weeks, I am still in pain.  The rheumatologist wants to try me on
another COX 2 inhibitor called Bextra.  If that doesn't work he wants to
try Methotrexate.  I was told that diabetics can't take
anti-inflammatorys.  Anyone had any experience with any of
these.........I probably read about it at some point, but I don't remember.

My bgs seemed to be affected when I first started the Celebrex, but it
seemed to level off until this past couple of days.  Now I am up and
down for no apparent reason.

Sue Stone