[IP] ? about getting insurance.

I am wondering if any of y'all out there have ever been in a situation
similar to mine.  I'll give you the gist of the whole story.  If you have
any suggestions, please tell me.    Here we go...  Currently, I am on a low
income state provided health insurance plan.  I have just completed my
associates degree and am planning on moving in about 4 or 5 months.  To a
larger area so I can now get a "real job".   Has anyone ever moved to a
completely different state and researched health insurances before?  I don't
qualify for COBRA, and I don't want to be without insurance for too long
because it would be enevidible (sp?) that something BAD would happen during
that time when I wasn't covered.  Ideally, I will find a job with great
benefits but it will take awhile for them to become effective, as most with
jobs, the benifits don't kick in until after you've been there awhile.  I am
courious as to avenues I should take and I'm sure I am not the first person
EVER to move somewhere the time varys I've noticed lately.  Well, this is
supposed to be short, so I'll end it here.   Thanks in advance for ANY help
anyone can give me.  I know eventually, a long time from now, I'll be fine,
it's just scary right now.  I never actually thought about it before, but I
envy people who don't have to worry about this kind of thing.  Well, I
really am quitting now.  Thanks again.  Jennifer L. Sutton.