Re: [IP] Large meals and delayed digestion

I run into this on a regular basis. If I eat an unusually large amount late
in the day, if I eat a high-fat and high-carb dinner, or if I just feel full
at bedtime, then this happens to me. In my case, I'll go to bed with a
normal number and then be really high (250-350) in the morning. I've
actually started giving myself a really extended square wave bolus ... from
.6 to 2 units over 6 hours depending on what I've eaten and how late. This
is in addition to whatever normal meal bolus. If one had relatively
contstant basal rates, I imagine this could be done with a temp basal, but I
range from .8 to 1.3 /hr during the night, so I have to do the square wave
thing. For the ladies out there, I've noticed it is much worse in the second
half of my cycle... I can sometimes get by without the additional square
wave the first two weeks of the cycle, but if I forget it the last two
weeks, I WILL be 250 or higher in the morning.

With the square wave, my sugars are ususally right on track in the morning.
Of course it took me the better part of a year to figure this out, but it
works every time now. As always, YMMV.

Type 1 8 years, pumping with Buzz, the MM Paradigm for a year now!