From: Ed & Joan Downing
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 2:24 PM
To: Insulin Pumpers
Subject: [IP] Medicare "newbie"

Being very new to Medicare coverage, I need a little guidance. I am
aware of the required scripts from my endo specifying the number of
test strips per month needed, and the insulin, lancets, etc..  The
pharmacist at WalMart surprised me when he said insulin is not covered.
My understanding was that it is covered, along with my pump supplies
from MiniMed. I read in this forum some time ago, about mail order
companies such as Diabetic Supplies of America will do all the
paperwork and claim filing, but their prices seemed high and it doesn't
appear that they carry Novolog. Further, should I be uneasy not knowing
if the shipped insulin got too warm in transit or sat in the Florida
sun at my door?

Advice appreciated! Thank you!