[IP] evening and overnight basal test

I wonder if anyone cares to weigh in on this question?
My CDE and I want to do another nighttime basal check.
 The trouble is,  I don't get home from work in time
to eat early enough to do the test without some
difficulty.... I get home at 6:00pm at the earliest,
then I do my 30 min on the elliptical trainer, and by
the time i've eaten it will be 7pm..this means it's
11pm (4 hours after last bolus/food) by the time I
start the test, and it's time for bed! She wants me to
be done eating by 6 to do the test.
 I suggested I just skip dinner to do the test but she
says I need to eat dinner first to make the test
valid.  I am not sure I understand the logic - if the
goal is to not have any basal or food interefering
with the evening test, why not just skip dinner?

I don't have my copy of pumping insulin with me to

Thanks in advance for your help/advice!

Anna in Seattle
day 17 pumping still trying to get the hang of this

Do you Yahoo!?