[IP] Re: Checking "Sugar Free Drinks" for Sugar

I have a very keen sense of smell and can sniff a soda and tell
whether or not it is diet or regular (diet smells "metallic" and
regular smells sweet)...no need to put a drop on a test strip or
even taste it (although I have done those things at times). ;)

Jan H said:
Me, I, personally, myself would never dip one of these
chemically-treated sticks/tape into something I'm about to drink.
I have always, when doing this, put my finger over the straw and
dripped some liquid onto the tester upon releasing my finger.
YMMDV - Your Mileage May Definitely Vary. (~_^)

Yes, these strips are still available.