[IP] Re: Need Celiac Info

In a message dated 27/05/03 12:03:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< You a lucky to live
 in Canada, you have some excellent companies with
 really wonderful products. We buy online all the time. >>

The other day when I was in Safeway (large chain supermarket) I was surprised
to see in a cooler in the bakery section, quite a number of gluten free
breads and other products.  But the small loaves of bread sure were pricey.

Claire (DMer) has had the blood test for celiac and it was negative.
 However, a couple of weeks ago I was reading that doctors are finding out that
 many that have celiac are completely without gastro-intestinal symptoms, and
the incidence is much, much higher than previously believed.  I am wondering
about having my son tested--he has no g.i. symptoms, but has been underweight
and fatigued for years. A year of tests and hospitalizations came up
 empty-handed. He has a strong allergic tendency, don't know if that figures
into this
at all.  Has anyone had siblings of their DM kids also tested for celiac?

Barbara, Mum of Claire 9