Re: [IP] going off the pump

Hi Chris,

I have never been told to go to the ER for over 400BG.  Is this after
you have tried to correct with a syringe.  Please let me know, so I can
ask by endo.  I go over 400 freqently.

Bob from Peoria

>>> email @ redacted 10:56:05 AM 5/22/03 >>>
Heidi,

I am also a burnt out, insulin resistant diabetic.  I was in hog heaven
on
my first Ac1.  On the pump my insulin was dropped a good 20% and I
managed a
6.1.   Hooray!!!

Prior to the pump, I was taking 300 Units a day and still had a 9.8
Ac1.
That's one of the reasons for my Animas pump.  It has the largest
reservoir
available.

But since then, I have had a round of prednisone treatment for gout and
my
pumpologist has discontinued all my oral medications.

Now, my BGs have gone to hell and in a handbarrow.  My average is now
216.
I told my pump coach if I am supposed to go to the ER if I go over 350,
I'll
get a lot of reading done and get to know a lot of medical personnel on
first name basis.

On the positive side, you and I will probably never over dose.  Our
bodies
throw off insulin like water!

Yes, as Clinton said, "I feel your pain." The only reason I'm still
pumping
is that it means one (maybe more when my pump exceeds it's limits (255
units) in a day then I am injecting.

Best wishes and good luck with what ever you and your endo decide.

Chris