RE: [IP] My Ultra Smart Died

Sue is right...the Basic One Touch is whole-blood calibrated, NOT
plasma calibrated. Most newer meters are plasma-calibrated to better
reflect the results that labs will report it.  Now, and 80-point
difference is somewhat high, depending on what the reading actually was
supposed to be.  Anyhow, a whole-blood meter such as the One Touch
Basic would read lower than a plasma-calibrated meter.

So, really the question is why was the Accu-chek meter only 6 points
off of the lab result?  :-) Accu-check Easy is also whole-blood
calibrated, so it shouldn't really match the lab results either.  To
compare a whole-blood meter to a lab result, divide the lab result by
1.12 and then compare it to the whole-blood meter test.

So, if the lab result was 140...then the whole-blood meter would read
125 (not factoring in the normal +- 20% accuracy).  So, a value from
100-150 would be considered a normal reading in whole-blood to match a
lab result of 140.