RE: [IP] Re: Checking "Sugar Free Drinks" for Sugar

I have checked drinks with an accucheck meter before and it will also
tell you if it is a sweetened drink.
good luck    Scott

>>> email @ redacted 05/27/03 05:47 AM >>>
As a wild guess here, if you are allergic to an ingredient, that could
cause
problems with control. We stopped for lunch and I did not order food,
just a
diet root beer, which the waitress
brought in the bottle. I checked the ingredients and there were no carbs
so
I proceeded to drink
the diet pop. I had started off around 110 and one hour after drinking
the
pop I knew something was wrong so I checked my sugars.....289!

I've read where you just use regular urine-testing strips to dip into
the
drink.

Margo