Re: [IP] Getting a pump for through the VA for a Type 2?

    I am a 54 year old veteran and a type 1 who is starting on my Deltec Cozmo
on 2 June.
I got mine through the VA in Central PA.  I requested a consult from my normal
VA physician to see an Endocrinologist.  After a couple of visits with the VA
Endocrinologist I asked about the pump.  Fortunately this doctor knew about the

pump and wrote the orders to procure one.  It had to go through an approval
process, a letter was written and I was sent to the Hershey Medical Center in
Hershey PA for training and to get the pump.  The VA provides the supplies
and ordered the pump of "My Choice!!".  I now have everything and am ready
to go.

The secret for success with the VA is to keep insisting on what you want.  Most

diabetics who have any intelligence about diabetes and have shown the
that they know what they are doing by taking an active part in their own
can usually get what they want and need.  Persistence is the key.  Good Luck.

    Gary  (dxd 9/74 pumping 6/03)