Re: [IP] Re: Atkins diet and pumping

>Has anyone tried the Atkins diet while pumping? What were you
>difficulties, successes, did it work?  I have tried many other diets,
>and wanted to try this one, since others have not worked very well.
>Any/most advice would be welcome!

I've been on the Atkins many times :-( it works the best the first time you do
it, make sure you don't gain back all your weight because you'll lose your one
golden shot of the massive "first time" weight loss! I have to use my highest
basal to cover all the fats and proteins on the diet, boluses are very minimum
so BG fluctuations is almost eliminated.  Anything else I can answer?

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
Jewish Friends With Diabetes

Join our "Kosher Low-Carb" discussion list at