[IP] swimming

Susan wrote:
She has a MM508, and uses the quickset.  She puts the tape (IV 3000 square)
over it too.  She developed a rash when using the IV prep, so we switched to
the Bards prep.

Any ideas for keeping that site in?

Sharon responded:
I don't use the IV-3000 tape at all with either the quick sets or the
Silhouettes because the IV-3000 doesn't seem to allow my skin to breathe. The
IV prep wipes have been making me itch or sometimes I get hives under them -
so I stopped prepping them all together.
Both the quick sets and the silhouettes have a breathable tape that seems to
do fine for adhesion part and I haven't lost a site as of yet. I have found it
better to put on the set before a shower rather than afterwards because my
skin tends to get hot and sticky after the shower. I have never used Bards -
if it works good for you daughter, that is what she needs and that is OK.
Sharon B