[IP] Re: continuous BG monitoring

I have used the minimed continuous monitor on 3 occasions, twice a
couple of years ago and once 2 months ago.  My first experience did not
collect good data, so we tried again a couple of weeks later and got
much better results.  My endo thinks that results vary greatly
depending on the insertion.  I found it useful to modify and confirm
night glucose patterns and overall trends, but also found the device
pretty uncomfortable.  I experienced bleeding at the site where it was
inserted part of the time.  It was worthwhile enough that I tried again
recently, and used it again to help correct basals, this time for my
afternoons.  Keep in mind the results you get will be delayed by about
20 minutes from what your finger stick numbers would produce, due to
the fact that the sugar reaches the monitor by diffusion through the

I have also used the glucowatch.  This was not as uncomfortable at the
time, but at the end of the session I found that the current the device
used produced irritation and a scar on my wrist.  Neither device is

 50% faster, 400% cheaper, one phone line for voice and data, v.92, national
coverage, all for less than $8.50 a month http://www.BigValley.net