[IP] Re:Crazy sugars and insulin!

> I have this major log book problem can't for the life of me get the numbers
> down! Maybe its time for a meter that will do it for me!!

Summer,  have you had any additional new stresses added
to your life lately that are affecting your numbers?     What about
seasonal allergies?    Could you have an underlying infection that
isn't manifesting itself in noticeable ways?

Hmmmm   you've ruled out the insulin since corrections are
working.     What about your infusion sets or resevoirs?     Have
you started a new box of either which may have started this
problem?     We had this problem back in Nov or Dec.    Turned
out to be bad Quiksets (not that MM admitted this), but a new
shipment from a different lot number resolved the whole mess
instantly.     We insisted on new supplies since we tested our
theory by removing the pump for a day and doing injections
every two hours round the clock.     Problem instantly went
away (course I got NO SLEEP!)      Put back on the old infusion
sets and instant problem again.

As far as the log book,  I used to be awful at recording Z's
numbers and shots in the little books.      Then when he went
on the pump last year the CDE gave us some notebook sized
sheets to log on.    She wanted copies for her files the first
two months while we were regulating him.    I eventually
converted her sheets into one I liked much better.     It holds
four days per sheet.     I print off a few,  use the whole punch
on them and store them in a 1/2" skinny binder.     Good for
like 4 months,  then I put them in an envelope and start over
again.       The binder doesn't get lost nearly as often as the
little books did.     *Let me know if you'd like to get a look at the
sheet we  use.

Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (newly 13,  Dx 2/93, 508 2/02,
Paradigm  8/16/02,  and now ANIMAS IR1000  3/18/03 ) --------and MaMa to
Jennifer (20), Allison (17), Rachel (newly 7)
Fenton, MO