Re: [IP] Question about timing of checking BG

In a message dated 5/23/03 6:11:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Why would  a
> dr. discourage a diabetic from testing his/her
> BG at any time? Especially 2 hours after
> meals? Any opinions?

Don't be so impresses with DR after a name.  Some DR had to graduate last in
his/her class.  When I was on oral meds I had to test two hours after a meal.
When I went to insulin, I had to test before meals and two hours after a
 meal. I always tested when I got up in the am and at bedtime. Once an endo did
discourage me from testing to often and I never went back.  Testing is a small
price to pay when the consequences are so great.