[IP] Getting a pump for through the VA for a Type 2?

This is for a "FOAF" (friend of a friend)

This FOAF has been hospitalized 6 times in the past year for uncontrolled
BGs.  He's Type 2, and on insulin.  My friend told him about the pump, and
he is interested in looking into one, but no one at the VA hospital he is
currently in knows anything at all about pumps, including how to go about
requisitioning one.  Can someone summarize or point me to info on getting a
pump through the VA?