[IP] Re: MIT Sloan students .. -- now Type 2

> The Type 2s
> that I know are people I care about, but not extremely close to me (eg my
>  cousin across the country, the father of my best friend from teenage
> etc).
> I don't think they are getting the best of care, but people don't always
> to hear things from other people and tend to believe only what nurses or
> doctors tell them.

Or they tend to believe the general public who do not know/have DM. Case in

Sunday evenings after church we go out for a snack with a bunch of people.
One lady has T-2 and is now on the First Place diet plan just starting 2
days before last Sunday. She has cut her food intake and is getting ready to
move to a new residence so is more active. She got sweats last Sat. in the
night and felt awful - took a BG and was 62. She ate a bunch of Oreos. I
told her that the more active she was and with the less food intake to watch
for this in the daytime as well (on oral med). Told her to take her BG when
she felt like that in the daytime as exercise will lower it. She said, "I
don't think so." The others agreed with her!!!  So, what do *I* know???? I'm
just a *user* for 52.5 years. ;-)  I told her it was a proven fact exercise
lowers BG. She just looked at me and kind of sloughed me off.

A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion, still