Re: [IP] Animas users-howd'ya like your pumps?

On Thu, 22 May 2003 21:46:37 -0700, Andrew Andersen

> contributions.
> month is
> you and the rest
> from your IP mail
> I started on a Disetronic H-tron for 4 years, then had
> a Minimed 507c
> for the last 4.  My Minimed is now malfunctioning--it
> keeps a basal but
> the bolus function results in an error message.  So I
> have to replace
> it pretty quick (insurance will replace it), since I'm
> now doing all
> boluses by injection.  I'm leaning toward an Animas
> my next pump,
> and I'm wondering how those using this pump find it
> working out.  I
> really haven't seen anything negative about this pump
> at all, and am
> very impressed by what I've read and by the rep I
> talked with.  My main
> questions. . .
> 1.  Has it proved reliable?
> 2.  Have they provided good service, both in ordering
> supplies and in
> any pump difficulties encountered?
> 3.  Are there any quirky irritating things that you
> have run into, that
> you just wouldn't think about until you're on it?
> I will be deciding in the next week and a half, when I
> meet with my
> doctor.  Thanks for your input!
>Hi Andrew,
 I am new to this site as well to the Animas Pump. I
have been pumping for 3 weeks now and have had no
problems. The Rep. in my area has been wonderful also
the trainer. she is also a Animas Pump user so it
worked out well. I think the only thing I can say that
I didn't like was the infusions sets....they in on a
angle and my wrists don't have the movement for that so
now I am using the MiniMed infusion set with my Animas
Pump and everything is working out great !

  Good Luck   Cory