Re: [IP] Animas users-howd'ya like your pumps?

At 10:16 PM 5/22/2003 George wrote:
 >>3.  Are there any quirky irritating things that you have run into,
 >>that you just wouldn't think about until you're on it?
 >The alarms.  Whoever programmed that needs to be tied to a stake and
 >have a set of pumps stuck in their ears.  The alarm "reminder" is
 >much too frequent.  Maybe they've fixed it, they should.

I have to agree with the above comment. That's the only thing that truly
annoys me about my Animas. Why can't the "Confim" button me just a single
key press? Why does it stop you right in the middle of a prime and warn you
that it needs to be primed? (duh!!) On the occasions that I've run out of
insulin, why does it have to alarm for each unit beyond "the last drop"?
Once is enough, thank you.

With that said, every pump has it's annoyances. I had quite a few with my
old MM 507 too. So, you just have to pick the pump that has the quirks you
can live with. If you think about it a little bit, it's sort of like
getting married. Your partner won't be perfect... but you learn to live
with the oddities since the good parts of your relationship outweighs the rest.