Re: [IP] Animas users-howd'ya like your pumps?
- To: email @ redacted
- Subject: Re: [IP] Animas users-howd'ya like your pumps?
- From: Kay Guy <email @ redacted>
- Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 22:25:55 -0700
- Reply-To: email @ redacted
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; rv:0.9.4.1) Gecko/20020508 Netscape6/6.2.3
Good luck. Jenny, 14, has had her Animas for 2 1/2 years. We have had no
problems to speak of and customer service is awesome. See the notes I
have inserted into your message.
Andrew Andersen wrote:
I started on a Disetronic H-tron for 4 years, then had a Minimed 507c
for the last 4. My Minimed is now malfunctioning--it keeps a basal
but the bolus function results in an error message. So I have to
replace it pretty quick (insurance will replace it), since I'm now
doing all boluses by injection. I'm leaning toward an Animas for my
next pump, and I'm wondering how those using this pump find it
working out. I really haven't seen anything negative about this pump
at all, and am very impressed by what I've read and by the rep I
talked with. My main questions. . .
1. Has it proved reliable? Yes, we have had not problems with the
mechanics of the pump at all.
2. Have they provided good service, both in ordering supplies and in
any pump difficulties encountered?
Customer service is very easy to deal with. We have received orders
promptly. They have even managed to get our insurance company to pay for
batteries. We have received immediate responses to the few questions we
have had. Even call-backs in the middle of the night have been within a
few minutes of leaving the initial message.
3. Are there any quirky irritating things that you have run into,
that you just wouldn't think about until you're on it?
We have had not quirkly things, except for a loaner (a second pump that
was provided for backup while we were traveling) that had a low battery
alarm. Luckily it wasn't in my daughter's carry-on on the airplane when
it occurred. We never needed the back up, and the alarm was while we were
attending a meeting so we could take care of it.
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: