Re: [IP] very interesting article.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jaymie Lyn" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 2:56 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] very interesting article.

>   Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 1:53 PM
>   Subject: [IP] very interesting article.
>   http://www.rense.com/general37/stev.htm
> Hello, this is my first time posting.  I just went and read this article,
> while it really sounded quite interesting and hopeful for diabetics and
all, I
> did a little digging and thought I should point out that this article is
> written by a lady who belongs to an organization that is dedicated to
quote '
> "spreading the word that aspartame is a toxic poison unfit for human
> consumption." ' end quote.  So I'm not sure if this article can truely be
> taken for face value.  I found an article at www.snopes.com concerning the
> article's author one Betty Martini and a letter she wrote about Aspertame
> was being passed around the internet a few years back.  That article is
> http://www.snopes.com/toxins/aspartam.htm
> So yes while that article is intersting,  is it really what it is saying
> is?  I would be very interested in seeing anything else related to this.
> anyone else have any information about this alternitive sweetner "Stevia"?
> Thank you so much!
> Jaymie
> dx'd at age 24 - T1 - Pumping since Feb '02

Betty Martini AKA Betty Noel is well known on misc.health.diabetes as the
"mad woman of drink". She has been posting about the dangers of aspertaine
for many years. She is also involved in the marketing of Stivia, an
unregulated food supplement.

Her main "evidence" is a quote from a Dr. Roberts in an AMA journal. However
this was not a peer reviewed study or even an article. It was a letter to
the editor by Dr. Roberts.

According to Betty Aspertaine is responsible for all of the following
hearing loss
numbness and tingling of extremities
blurred vision
eye problems
memory loss
slurred speech
mild to suicidal depression
personality changes
violent episodes
mood changes
anxiety attacks
heart arrhythmia
edema or swelling
gastrointestinal disorders
skin lesions
muscle cramps
joint pains
menstrual irregularities
chest pain
increased appetite

Plus a massive variety of diseases such as M.S., Diabetes, Lupus, etc.