[IP] Re: OhwhatastoopIam!

In a message dated 5/22/03 10:19:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I had sent my first pump into Disetronic for its tech inspeaction and
> hooked
> up to the second -spare- pump......
> .......and forgot to check the basal profile of the spare pump!! I had been
> running on like .4 and .6 u/h LESS than what I supposed to...Yikes!

Once again, Jenny, you've reminded me of something I need to do.  Claire
 seems to be on a growth spurt now, with basals finally increasing after two
 years of pumping. I had better re-program her back-up pump, 'cause I'm wanting
her to switch to "Bluey" for awhile soon.  If we do it in a rush situation
(such as when the batteries die and I say "oh lets put on your other pump), I
may not remember to change those basals.

For those of you who don't know this, the H-tron pumps saves your basal
 program, even when the pump has NO batteries in it. So you can leave your extra
 pump stored for a long time until you wish to use it. We try to give equal time
to Claire's clear pump and her blue pump.  And BTW the technical inspection
is a scheduled service, NOT done because the pump is malfunctioning.  That is
for the benefit of some people who say that Disetronice pumps must be ****
because they "need" to send you two.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 9