Re: [IP] going off the pump

I am also a burnt out, insulin resistant diabetic.  I was in hog heaven on
my first Ac1.  On the pump my insulin was dropped a good 20% and I managed a
6.1.   Hooray!!!

Prior to the pump, I was taking 300 Units a day and still had a 9.8 Ac1.
That's one of the reasons for my Animas pump.  It has the largest reservoir

But since then, I have had a round of prednisone treatment for gout and my
pumpologist has discontinued all my oral medications.

Now, my BGs have gone to hell and in a handbarrow.  My average is now 216.
I told my pump coach if I am supposed to go to the ER if I go over 350, I'll
get a lot of reading done and get to know a lot of medical personnel on a
first name basis.

On the positive side, you and I will probably never over dose.  Our bodies
throw off insulin like water!

Yes, as Clinton said, "I feel your pain." The only reason I'm still pumping
is that it means one (maybe more when my pump exceeds it's limits (255
units) in a day then I am injecting.

Best wishes and good luck with what ever you and your endo decide.