Re: [IP] Traveling by train

There's no security and there's no real response if you need any thing. You
just have to pretend you're on a deserted island and you have to take care
of your diabetes.
Last year I took the Zepher from San Jose to New York. It's about 4 days
worth of traveling. Train travel is fun but Amtrak is in such pathetic

Make sure you take your medical supplies and food. You wont be able to
access anything that you check on to the baggage car. If you have a medical
emergency it might take quite a while to actually find a conductor who
could help.

I didn't feel unsafe. Even if you are in the cars in a seat, there wasn't
much of a problem. Depending on how far you travel, you end up making
friends with the people who you sit next to for several days, and everybody
sort of keeps an eye on everybody's stuff.  But yeah it's always possible
that there's some terrorist attack on a train just like any thing else.

There's also no guarantee that there will be food on the train. There are a
lot of foods you can take with you. If you do buy the meals, they are VERY
good, but also very expensive.