[IP] Re: Searching for a pump

> Anyway, do your
> own research and compare the product quality and make sure you decide
> which pump is the best one for you.

Just like buying a car - test drive and see what suits your needs best. We
all have different likes and dislikes.

> Also, you can go back into the archives and
> look up occlusions, alarms, etc. and check on the complaints.

When doing this, keep in mind 75% of the pumpers have a MiniMed pump, the
other 25% is spread out over the other pumps, therefore, there will be many
more complaints about the most used. Many of us pump happily and don't
complain, just try to assist others. Occlusions usually are not the fault of
the pump - the alarm is programmed to tell us there is a problem with the
delivery whether it's a kinked canula or twisted tubing, or muscle that has
been hit which has nothing to do with the pump. The user is alerted to
correct the problem. We have smoke detectors to alert us of fire. If it goes
off we don't replace it, but fix what caused it. (~_^)

Best wishes on your search.

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding
a cure for jerks.  Calvin (& Hobbes)