[IP] going off the pump

There comes a time in the lives of a small percentage
of the pumpers out there,when going off the pump
becomes a necessity.Don't get me wrong,I am still 100%
for pumping,its great.(when it works)I've pumped for
over 2 years,and both my overall control and general
health were better for it.But,for the past three weeks
I have been assailed by insulin resistance(sudden,out
of the blue) which has jacked up my normal 25> TDD to
twice that,and has remained in the 200-300 range
despite all out efforts(set changing,set switching,new
insulin)Right now I'm not interested in the cause of
it,though my endo thinks it is stress,I'm just
interested in something that will let me feel half
alive again.I'm going to Lantus and Novolog,a
combination I've never tried and which might end up
worse then this-but its worth a shot.In 7 weeks,my
endo will reevaluate things to see about going back to
the pump but I gotta get stuff worked out with this
resistence stuff right nowl.
If anyone out there has had insulin resistance(not
sickness related)I'd be interested in hearing of your
        Heidi(a burned out type 1 on her way to also
becoming a type 2)

Do you Yahoo!?