Re: [IP] RE: paradigm error E21

I had my first E21 a couple of weeks ago. I have been pumping since Jan,
27th, 2003.

They explained on the phone that MiniMed would rather replace the unit, as
once the error occurs, it seems to happen again and again. Which can be a
pain. :-) Other than that, as I live in Canada and it happened Saturday
night, I had to wait until Tuesday to receive my replacement. The reset and
re-entry of settings seems to be fine. Funny story, when my replacement
pump arrived at work. I left it on my desk in the shipping box, when
suddenly it started to beep. "I know that sound!!" I thought, and opened my
replacement pump to an E21 error. I laughed so hard then called MiniMed and
got my third pump the next day.

For the MM reps on the list, I think the E21 error is related to a voltage
problem in the electronics. As I don't have $6000+ to throw about on a unit
to test on, I'll let you guys look into it more :-)

On another note, I was thinking of creating a web database where people
could enter in the pump serial number and we can track where and who has
our little pump buddies now. If any one is interested in this, let me know
and I'll start work on it. I thought it would be a fun project to work on
during lunch some day :-)