[IP] frustrated

I'm on day 13 of this new pump and still haven't had a
successful basal rate test!  I keep going high and/or
low.  I'm very frustrated and wonder if I'm the only
one who has had this kind of trouble...I think the CDE
thinks I'm crazy but I just can't go to bed with a
blood sugar above 200 that seems to be going up, and
'wait and see' if it continues to climb, in order to
complete a basal test.

I work until 5:30 pm and have a 30 min commute (on a
good day!) so getting home and exercising and eating
dinner early enough to do the nighttime basal check
has been a challenge...and it seems on weekends I keep
running into unexplained highs/lows... sigh.

I was running low all the time on injections, but at
least my numbers weren't high all the time!  I'm
trying to think positively and be glad i'm not going
low multiple times a day but it's hard not to give in
to a little self pity sometimes!  Sorry to vent, and
thanks for listening!

Any words of encouragement are greatly appreciated.

Maybe Chris J. could spare a hug!  =)

Anna in Seattle
pumping with paradigm since 05/08/03
dx'd 05/80 age 12