Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 23:13:08 -0400
From: Gina Gracey <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Man receives kidney via internet donor

I find this story very hard to swallow, and well as unaccepting of
it.  I have been in dialysis since July 1999 and it is not that easy
to get a kidney.  I have been on the waiting list for 3 years and know
that the phone call could come any day, but until then I must endure
my dialysis treatments and rely on them to keep me alive.  No one
spends 10-12 hours on a dialysis machine a day (unless they are doing
nocturnal hemo which is still only 3 treatments per week, or
peritoneal dialysis with a cycler, which would be every day).  And
they DO NOT let you leave the hospital the next day, whether you are
the donor or the receiptant.

I find this story to be bogus and false.  Is there a website that can
back this up or anything else?  Then again, we all know that you
cannot believe everything you read on the Internet or hear otherwise.