[IP] Re: Medicare and test strips

On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 01:00 AM, Shelley Valentine wrote:
> No. 1 - how did your surgery go?
I had been told that general anesthesia would be used, but when I got
there it was a local, and as far as I am concerned, that was much
better. I went in at 12:45 and was home by 3:00. I have been taking 2
different drops 4 times/day and another drop twice a day to keep the eye
dilated. I have an appointment tomorrow with the surgeon. The vision in
the operated eye is cloudy, and as I understand it, it will take a
couple of months before it improves. I can drive ok, and I went for a
20-mile bicycle ride on Sunday with no problems.
> <<MiniMed no longer carries any strips except BD>>
I'm not sure about this yet. It has been reported on IP, but I haven't
run into it yet. I'm giving serious thought to how I will deal with it
when I run into it.
> When will Meditronics (Spell?) understand that word-of-mouth is going
> to undermind their dominance in the market?
It appears to me that Medtronic is doing a good job of tearing down the
reputation that MiniMed had established.

Tom Beatson