Re: [IP] Pump is eating batteries...

Hi Becky,

> I am curious about what you would do IF suddenly your MM507C began
> to consume batteries in a much shorter time than normal.

The first thing I'd do is go out and buy some batteries from a
different source (IOW, not Minimed). If the pump does the same thing
on such batteries, I'd call Minimed at once for service.

> Not associated with a change in basal or bolus.

How could it be? You have the right to change your basal and bolus as
often as needed. It certainly won't reduce battery life to _one week_.

> I am not sure IF ver soi appears on the screen OR ver 501

It's probably "VER 501" or "VER S01" or "VER 50I", since 3 consecutive
letters is unlikely. I see "VER 61B" on my 508 whenever I insert the
little battery holder. BTW, none of this matters. This is a Minimed
version number that we users don't need to concern ourselves with.

> Is this something to take to MiniMed...or something to just deal
> with?

Seeing as how most of us change batteries once every 4-6 weeks and
your batteries are lasting only 1 week, can "dealing with it" be an
option for a life-support device?

regards, Andy