[IP] Getting it wrong

Whenever I have had to go in to the hospital (which hasn't been in the
past 2 years) I always tell them that I am on an insulin pump and how
many times a day I check my BG and they usually let me control my own
insulin and testing.  I just tell them what my BG is and tell them
what I have done in way of bolusing or decreasing basal.  I never give
them a true daily total as it varies EVERY day, but I give them a
guesstimate and I usually overcompensate for it (If I have a week
where I took 35 units per day and  another week that I had 40 units
per day, I tend to tell them the 40 because you can always eat
something to cover the insulin that you have given).  And on dialysis
days I take about 2/3 what I would on a non-dialysis day (average on
dialysis day is 30 units and usually 45 on a non-dialysis day)because
the blood is being cleaned and all the sugar is literally being taken
out of the blood.

My concern is, if I were hospitalized and they gave the hosp. my
chart, this
is what would be ordered and official!!!!  I would not be allowed to
it.  grrrrrrrrrr