[IP] Medicare and test strips

I also have Medicare as my primary insurance, and I was only able to
get 250 test strips a month and that was after many many phone calls
between the supplier and the doctor's office.  I guess they ended up
billing Medicare for as many as they could and either billing the rest
to my supplemental insurance (which is actually a full blown health
coverage) or billing me directly for the difference.  I have never
paid more than $20 per month for anything because of our policy and
our deductible.  Different insurances have different limits that they
will allow.  I have alos been asked on a few occasions to supply the
insurance company of how much I test.  I had to keep a log for 30 days
and fax it to them when we first signed for the policy.

Under Medicare B plus a supplemental,  I see that patients on insulin
allowed 100 BG test strips per 30 days unless a doctor fills out a
form to ask
for more. Has anyone been able to get more? If so how many, total?