Re: [IP] Medicare and test strips

On Mon, 19 May 2003 23:51:26 -0400, "Phyllis" <email @ redacted>
 > Under Medicare B plus a supplemental,  I see that patients on insulin
 > allowed 100 BG test strips per 30 days unless a doctor fills out a
form to ask
 > for more. Has anyone been able to get more? <snip> What experience has
 > anyone had with this issue?

I have Medicare Part B (age 70) plus a supplement. My endo writes a Rx
that gets me 650 Ultra strips every 90 days from MiniMed, which is as
many as I need. Recently I have been seeing IP posts indicating that
MiniMed no longer carries any strips except BD, with whom they have some
kind of special arrangement, so I'm not sure what I am going to run into
next month when I will be ordering more Ultra strips.

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000