[IP] Medicare and test strips

Under Medicare B plus a supplemental,  I see that patients on insulin are
allowed 100 BG test strips per 30 days unless a doctor fills out a form to ask
for more. Has anyone been able to get more? If so how many, total? A limit of
100 for 30 days seems way too low for testing Pre and Post meal, Bedtime and
3am, plus all the times when we are sick and need extra readings or throw out
the strips don't work. What experience has anyone had with this issue?
Phyllis  email @ redacted
scanned for virus