[IP] Pump Group Meeting in San Jose, California

For those in the San Francisco Bay area, the April meeting of the Bay
Area Pump Group is scheduled for Tuesday, May 20 at the Diabetes Society
of Santa Clara Valley in San Jose.  The moderator for the meeting will
be Sue Ann Kelly who is a certified pump trainer, RN and CDE. We are a
friendly group ranging in age from 10 to over 70 and we always have fun
while at the same time learning new things about pumping. The meeting is
a great place to share ideas and experiences and the group leaders are
very helpful for answering questions and exploring problems.  Family
members, significant others and friends are also welcome to attend.
There is no cost and you do not need to be a member of the Diabetes

In addition to our open conversation about pumping and diabetes, we
usually select a specific topic for discussion.  This month, the topic
for the meeting was suggested by Curt and Emily Lomax and it is how do
we interpret blood sugar numbers and what exactly we do to respond to
them.  This involves such things as the 1500 rule, 1900 rule  and how
long the insulin we are using works on BS.  So think about your
experiences and bring along your thoughts, ideas and questions.  And as
usual, any topic that you are interested is welcome for our discussions.

In addition, the new Clinical Director of the Diabetes Society, Val
Isaacson, will be joining us at the
meeting.  If you have any questions or suggestions for her, bring them
along.  She is a strong supportor of pumping and our group.

Meeting details are as follows:

 When: 7 to 8:30 PM, Tuesday, May 20
 Where: Diabetes Society of Santa Clara Valley
              The office is located in the Willow Glen area
              just south of downtown San Jose, in the
              renovated Garden Theater building at:

              1165 Lincoln Avenue, Suite 300
              San Jose CA 95125
              Phone: (408) 287-3785

There is free parking at the rear of the building.  Enter the building
from the front or rear and take the elevator to the third floor.  Turn
left out of the elevator and the Diabetes Society is just ahead on the

If you have any questions or need to know more, please contact me.

Bob Goodman