re: [IP] Higher basal rates

<<<<<<<<From: "Bill Anderson" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Higher basal rates

                  I use Humalog
and I've had 2 bottles go bad in a month by the time they are 1/2 full.
insulin works fine today...But them the insulin in my pump and whats
left in
the fridge ALL go bad at the SAME time. I even try a shot the "old" way
it does nothing!!!!  Go Figure!!??.....Bill in Az....>>>>>>>>

Hi Bill,
Last week I went to buy my insulin (I use humalog) and they had left it
out over night, it wasn't cold from the fridge, so I refused to buy it.
They ordered more for me and had it in the next day.  The pharmacist
told me that I shouldn't be concerned because the insulin can last just
fine for 28 days at room temperature.  Well, my contention is that the
28 days it lasts is supposed to be from when I opened it and started
using it, not something for the pharmacy to use as an excuse not to keep
the insulin refrigerated.  Who knows how the pharmacy has stored the
insulin or how cool it was kept going from their warehouse to the
store?????  Some of it is just out of our control.

pumping since 08-00